6 Candle Burning Do's and Don'ts
Easily avoid tunneling and burning through your candle too quickly with these 6 tips for a smooth, safe, and even burn every time.
1. Do burn it for 1-2 hours when you first light it. Burning your candle for more than one hour will allow your candle to create an even melt pool and prevent tunneling.
2. Don't place near a fan or a drafty window. Placing your candle near an open window or a fan will cause your flame to dance and use the wax faster and also may cause smoke.
3. Do trim your wick between lightings. Trimming your wick between lightings will prevent your candle flame from being too large and burning too hot. A bigger and hotter flame will burn through your candle faster.
4. Don't burn for more than 4 hours. Burning your candle for more than four hours can cause your candle vessel to become overly hot.
5. Do keep wax free of debris and wick clippings. Keep your candle surface free of debris, these items can become flammable.
6. Don't move candle while it's lit. Place your candle on a solid and safe surface because the vessel can be hot to touch and moving it will make the flame dance and burn hotter.
Keep these tips in mind when you light and re-light your candle.